The image sums up my attitude towards art in general and sculpture in particular. (Photo: WW-Ł)
Hi. I’m Anka. I draw things. Logically, my formal education is in linguistics. Until now, I’ve studied seventeen languages. I wrote my first MA on the viusal and verbal metaphors of anger in “American Elf“, right now I’m doing another one on color terms in Czech and a Ph.D. on conceptual metaphors of mood disorders, because I can.
I get excited by: science, nature, food and comics.
I do freelance work in design and translation, and teach linguistics at the University of Warsaw. I’ve been also known to work in animation.
In 2014, I started a wedding invitation label called Wtem Znikąd (Polish for “Suddenly, out of nowhere”).
Work published in anthologies
• Polski komiks kobiecy (Polish Female Comics, Timof i cisi wspólnicy 2012)
• Powstanie ’44 w komiksie (Egmont 2010)
• Powstanie ’44 (Egmont 2009)
• in production: Bloody strips: (Wo)menstruation in comics (Comix Grrrlz 201?)
University of Warsaw’s Iberian Studies magazine ¿?, Biceps comics zine, Strategie (financial magazine)
• Polski komiks kobiecy, Central Museum of Textiles, Łódź, 2012
• Comix Queerz, Klubokawiarnia AmsterDam, Warsaw, 2010
• Powstanie 44 w komiksie (2009), University Library, Warsaw 2010
• Powstanie 44 w komiksie (2008), subway station, Warsaw, 2009/2010
• Honorable mention (4th place) in the comics competition organized by the Warsaw Rising Museum (2009)
• Honorable mention (4th place) in the comics competition organized by the Warsaw Rising Museum (2008)
• Honorable mention in the “Photography Masters School” competition organized by Gazeta Wyborcza (2008)
• 1st place (twice) in the t-shirt design competition organized by Tiszert (2006)
• Honorable mention in the Better vote sticker bomb competition organized by Gazeta Wyborcza (2006)